Welcome to Annarbour.com

(647) 477 2197 , 780 628 7040

(647) 477 5983


Work In Canada

Several Programs exists for applying to work in Canada.

  • Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFW)
  • International Experience Class (IEC)
  • Francophone Program (FP)
  • Caregiver program (CP)

Temporary Foreign Worker Program

An employer may make an offer of employment to a foreign national if:

  • The employer is able to prove that it is a necessary to hire foreign national
    • Due to a shortage of labour in the area
    • Is unable to locate a suitable candidate in Canada
    • Is willing to pay the median wage rate and undertake to comply by all the FW regulations
    • Has not contravened the regulations previously
  • The offer of employment has to be approved by ESDC and a Labour market impact assessment has to be provided (LMIA)

If a positive LMIA is issued to the employer and it is provided to the foreign national, the foreign national may apply for a work permit to Canada providing that the foreign National

  • Is admissible to Canada, criminally and medically
  • Is able to and qualified to perform the duties of the offer
  • Is able to demonstrate proficiency in English or French
  • Has a temporary intent to be in Canada

International Experience Class

International Experience Canada (IEC) provides youth with the opportunity to travel and work in Canada.

To participate your country of citizenship must have an agreement with Canada that allows you to apply for an IEC work permit

Depending on where you are from, you can choose from up to three travel and work experiences:

Working Holiday

Fund your vacation with temporary work in Canada. The work portion of your trip lets you earn money so that you can fund your travels during your stay. It is a great way to afford side trips, other excursions and accommodations while you are in Canada.

Young Professionals

Gain Canadian professional work experience to better compete in a global economy. Widen your career horizons by working on teams from diverse cultural backgrounds, learn new approaches to doing business, experience a different country and learn another language

International Co-op Internship

Acquire valuable overseas work experience related to your field of study. The International Co-op Internship is for students who intend to complete a work placement or internship in Canada to fulfill part of their academic curriculum.

Francophone Program

French Speaking or Bi-lingual candidates may apply to work in Canada with a skilled job offer from a Canadian employer. Such work permits are issued without the need for a Labour Market Assessment.

Employers will need to register the job offer paying $230 to CIC and provide this offer to the Francophone applicant who will then apply for a work permit to Canada. Francophone applicants may bring their family providing they show proof they are able to afford to live in Canada. Such applicants can become eligible to apply for permanent immigration.

Care Giver Program

Applicants may apply to work in Canada to look after either children or elderly or the disabled providing they have an offer of employment from a Canadian employer who is an individual ( and not a company) .

Caregivers will need to prove ability and experience in the field and to perform the job duties, Language ability in French or English and Medically and criminally admissible.

Caregivers may not apply to bring their families while working in Canada.

For more information please refer to caregiver section of our website.


NAFTA is a Free Trade Agreement among USA, Canada and Mexico. It allows certain workers, business people and investors in these three countries to move much more freely between the countries for purpose of work, do business, invest or trade. Workers coming under the NAFTA will not need their offer of employment confirmed through a labour market assessment.

For more information visit NAFTA

Are you outside Canada?

  • Immigrate Permanently with or without Job offer
  • visit
  • Study
  • Work
  • Invest, Do Business or be self-employed
  • Live-in Caregiver

Are you inside Canada?

  • Sponsor your Family Federal or Provincial
  • Apply for Permanent Residency
  • Renew your PR
  • Change Jobs
  • Extent/change/Restore Tour status
  • Do Business or Invest

Are you an Employer?

  • Take advantage of the foreign worker program
  • Find a suitable employee
  • Retain your employees
  • Hire a Foreign Worker
  • Federal or provincial Sponserships?
  • How Ann Arbour can assist you

Are you outside Canada?

Are you inside Canada?

Are you an Employer?

Alberta British Colombia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador
Nova Scotia Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan
North West Territories Yukon