Welcome to Annarbour.com

(647) 477 2197 , 780 628 7040

(647) 477 5983




Federal Skilled Worker/Professional Class (FSW) (WILL BE REPLACED BY EXPRESS ENTRY IN JANUARY 2015)

Whether you are outside Canada or legally residing in Canada as a temporary worker or Student you may apply under the FSW class. The process takes usually about 1 year.
To qualify an applicant MUST

  • Obtain a total of 67 marks
  • Complete the English Language Test
  • Be admissible to Canada ( should pass criminal and medical examinations)
  • Should be performing (or have performed at least 1 year in the last 10 years) the duties of a qualifying job category or have an arranged employment
  • Have a credentials assessment done prior to applying
  • have taken an approaved English test and obtained minimum pass marks.

67 points out of 100 are calculated on education, experience, age, English/French ability, spouse’s English levels, relatives in Canada and if you have an arranged employment in Canada.

You also must show proof of available funds ( if you don’t have an arranged employment) and pass a medical examination and criminal clearing.

To determine if you qualify fill out the assessment form


Federal Skilled worker with an Arranged Employment ( WILL BE REPLACED BY EXPRESS ENTRY IN JANUARY 2015)

Whether you are inside or outside Canada you may obtain an arranged employment from an employer in Canada who is willing to hire you on an indeterminate basis once you arrive in Canada as a Permanent Resident. This is not to be confused with a temporary permit to work in Canada. An arranged employment is in support of your PR and does not allow you to work before you obtain your residency in Canada.
If you are outside Canada your employer will be required to obtain a valid approval from Service Canada for the arranged employment offered. If you are in Canada and already working for an employer under a  skilled category and the employer is willing to continue to hire you even after you obtain your PR, a further Service Canada approval may not be necessary and a letter from your employer to that effect may suffice
Advantages of an arranged employment

  • It gives you up to 15 additional marks on your PR application
  • It allows you to apply under any Skilled Category even if you fall outside of the demand list
  • Having a job when you land in Canada is a great asset and can assist you in settling in Canada faster.



Applies to 2 categories:

    • A temporary foreign worker

Criteria for qualification

      • at least 1 year of full-time (or equivalent)  work experience in Canada in a skilled category
      • have taken a recognized English test and obtained the required marks (required marks depends on your position)

(Education is not a requirement under this category)

    • A foreign graduate from a Canadian post-secondary institution

Criteria for qualification

      • Post secondary qualification from a recognized Canadian Institution
      • At least one year of full-time (or equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada
      • Have taken a recognized English test and obtained the required marks

Under both of the above categories the applicant must:

  • plan to live outside the province of Quebec
  • have gained your experience in Canada with the proper work or study authorization
  • apply while working in Canada – or – within one year of leaving your job in Canada

To find out if you qualify fill in the Assessment form

Provincial Nominees

Provinces in Canada according to their unique requirements have set out certain immigration programs to attract new immigrants. Each of these programs are unique and are regulated by the Province. It is essential to obtain a Provincial Nomination Certificate first, prior to applying to the Federal Government if your plan is to immigrate under a particular Provincial Program.

In General Provinces provide an opportunity

  • For workers to enter the Province under the employer sponsored programs. For this, it is essential to have a job offer from an  employer from the particular Province you hope to immigrate to
  • For semi-skilled workers to apply for residency (No other program allows semi-skilled workers residency)
  • For family to be sponsored – some Provinces allow for the sponsorship of brother/sister, Nephew/Niece, Cousins.
  • For Students to obtain residency quickly and easily. Criteria maybe lower than the Canadian Experience Class
  • For businessmen to invest and start a business on their own or with an existing company in the Province who is looking to expand. Minimum investment is $150,000 with an asset base of $300,000.

Immigrating to a Province can be quick and easy. To find out if you qualify to apply under a Provincial Program please fill in the assessment form.

Federal Family Sponsorship Program

Provincially you may be able to sponsor your brother/sister, aunt/uncle, niece/nephew or cousin. For details contact us.

Apart from the many family sponsorship programs made available by the Provinces, Federally you may sponsor,

  • Your spouse, common-law, conjugal partner or same-sex partner
  • Your dependent Children
  • The parental sponsorship program has now been replaced with the Super Visa for Parents. The sponsorship program will start January 2014

You will be considered as a spouse if you are legally married in or outside of Canada to your sponsor. Onus is upon you and your sponsor to prove that the marriage is genuine and not one of convenience.

Common –Law
You will be considered as a common – law if you have been living with your sponsor for at least one year and have set up a life together. You may prove this through common assets, bank account, insurance policies, sharing of expenses etc.

Conjugal Partner
You may be considered a Conjugal partner where in exceptional circumstances you can prove that you have a valid relationship with your sponsor but cannot live together or marry due to some hindrance that are beyond your control and that there is a definite commitment as that of a spouse or common-law partner.

Same Sex Partner
You will be considered a same sex partner if you were legally married inside or outside of Canada at a time and place where same sex marriages are legally recognized.

You can sponsor your parents/grandparents under a super visa ( which is not a permanent Visa) if you are:

  • over 18 years of age
  • Show you earn the minimum required amount according to the number of dependents you may have (commonly known as LICO)
  • Show you can support them
  • Undertake to take care of them financially
  • Able to obtain a Canadian medical insurance policy ( special criteria apply)

 The super visa is a type of temporary visa provided for 10 years and renewable every 2 years. These visas are usually processed in 60 days and the applicant must be admissible to Canada and must pass medical and background checks.

Dependent Child
You will be considered a dependent child

  • If you are under the age of 22 and does not have a spouse or common-law partner;
  • If you are over the age of 22 and has been continuously enrolled as a full-time student and depended substantially on the financial support of a parent since before the age of 22;
  • You became a spouse or a common-law partner before the age of 22 and has been continuously enrolled as a full-time student and depended substantially on the financial support of a parent since becoming a spouse or common-law partner, or
  • You are over the age of 22 and depended substantially on the financial support of a parent since before the age of 22 because of a physical or mental condition.



Investors can apply Federally or Provincially and enjoy the many benefits that Canada offers

Federal Investor Program

This program is not available currently
To apply under the Federal Investor Program you must

  • Have business experience ( at least 2 years in the last 5 years)
  • Invest C$800,000 into Canada’s economy and become permanent residents.
  • Have a minimum net worth of C$1,600,000 that was obtained legally and
  • Show that you have enough money to support yourself and your dependants after you arrive in Canada.
  • obtain a minimum of 35 points in the selection grid.
  • With your family members must pass a medical exam and security and criminal checks.
  • meet any other requirements of Canadian or Quebec immigration regulations.

Your investment is managed by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and is guaranteed by the Canadian provinces that use it to create jobs and help their economies grow.
CIC will return your C$800,000 investment, without interest, about five years and two months after payment.

Provincial Investor Programs

  • Many Provinces such as British Columbia, Saskatchewan and Manitoba encourages small investors to Invest either by themselves or by joining an already existing business in the Province.
  • The investment can be as low as $150,000 with an asset base of $300,000. Most Provinces will require you to make a good faith deposit which will be returned to you when all the conditions of the investor program are met.
  • It is necessary to have the intention of living in the Province.
  • Many programs encourage a visit to the Province to meet with Government officials or bodies that are involved in the program and third parties that can assist you in meeting the criteria of the program.
  • Most programs do not require the applicant to have much education nor a high level of English. However business experience or management experience is a must.


This Program is currently unavailable
To be eligible under the Entrepreneur Program, you must meet the following requirements:

  • Have at least two years of business experience in the last 5 years.
  • Have a net worth of at least C$300,000 that was obtained legally.
  • Meet the selection criteria for the Entrepreneur Program.
  • Meet medical, security and other requirements.


Self-employed persons

In order to qualify, you must first meet the following criteria:

  • Be defined as a Self Employed person

A foreign national who has relevant experience and has the intention and ability to be self-employed in Canada and to make a significant contribution to specified economic activities in Canada.

  • Have Relevant experience of at least 2 years in the 5 years preceding the application
  • participation at a world-class level in cultural activities or athletics
  • farm management experience or
  • self-employment in cultural activities or athletics.
  • Be engaged in Specified economic activities such as Cultural activities, athletics or farm management.

View all qualifying activities

  • Meet all other conditions

To determine if you qualify fill out the assessment form

Humanitarian Program

You may apply for permanent residence from within Canada on humanitarian and compassionate grounds (H&C) if you:

  • are a foreign national currently living in Canada; and
  • need an exemption from one or more requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) or Regulations in order to apply for permanent residence within Canada; and
  • believe you would experience unusual and undeserved or disproportionate hardship if you are not granted the exemption you need; and
  • are not eligible to apply for permanent residence from within Canada in any of these classes:
    • Spouse or Common-Law Partner,
    • Live-in Caregiver,
    • Protected Person and Convention Refugees,
    • Temporary Resident Permit Holder.

If you believe you would qualify under the above program email us or contact us

Immigrate to the Province of Quebec

The Province of Quebec has several different programs available. The main Criteria to apply under any of the program are:

  • Ability in the French language
  • Intention to reside in the Province of Quebec

You may apply for Quebec Immigration if you are

  • A skilled worker
  • An Investor or entrepreneur
  • A student


Temporary Immigration services

Visit Visas

Whether you are visiting family or friends, just touring Canada, or if you are a business person exploring the many opportunities Canada has to offer you may apply for visit visa called the Temporary Resident Visa. These visas must be applied for from outside of Canada ( unless you are already in Canada on a Temporary Resident Visa and are renewing it) and must be applied for from the Country of Citizenship or residency. General Criteria

  • Must have a reason for your visit to Canada
  • In Most cases an invitation letter from your counterpart in Canada
  • Funds to support yourself
  • Intention to return to your homeland at the end of the Period.

Several other conditions must be met. The onus is upon you to prove to the visa officer of your reason to visit Canada and your intention to return to your homeland. Presenting facts in an organized well thought out manner keeping in mind what the officer is looking for will help you in obtaining us positive answer.
Currently super visas for parents and grandparents fall under this temporary resident visa category.

Work Visas

The strong economy of Canada coupled with little working age  people residing in Canada has created the need for foreign workers in Canada. Foreign workers can be defined as persons who wish to work in Canada on a temporary basis. Provinces such as Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba are experiencing a huge shortage of workers in certain jobs and constantly seeking good workers able to speak read and write in English and who can commit to working for a stipulated period of time.

General Criteria

  • Must have a job offer from an employer in Canada
  • May need to have a confirmed Labour Market opinion (LMO) from Service Canada
  • Must apply for a work permit from outside of Canada
  • Must meet all conditions of applying for a work permit

If you are interested in working in Canada you may look up jobs in Canada and contact us when you receive an offer so that we may assist you and the employer obtain all necessary permits or you may post your resume so that employers may find you. 

Temporary workers in Canada are a great asset to the economy of Canada and to recognize this CIC has in place many programs to allow temporary foreign workers to apply for residency while working in Canada.
If you are a foreign worker in need to find out if you qualify for residency fill out the assessment form for a free evaluation.

If you are already working in Canada and require any other Service such as renewals, extensions, restorations, change of status, to sponsor family or find another employer, please contact us.

Student Visas

For students 16 years and older who are interested in pursuing their studies in Canada, Ann Arbour has information about a wide range of schools, colleges and Universities. We assist with

  • choosing the best school in the location and study area of your choice
  • obtaining your visa,
  • arranging accommodation
  • welcoming you to Canada
  • advising you along the way in all your immigration matters
  • assisting you in obtaining residency

If you are interested in studying in Canada – fill out the information form

Other Services

Renewal of PR Card

Has your PR card expired or about to expire? Do you need speedy services? We can assist you
Contact us

Apply for Citizenship

There are so many benefits in applying for Canadian Citizenship , once being that you will then be eligible for a Canadian passport which allows you to visit many Countries without applying for a prior visa. General Eligibility Criteria

  • be at least 18 years of age or be applying together with or by an eligible parent
  • be a valid permanent resident
  • have lived in Canada for 1095 days in the 4 years preceding your application
  • adequate knowledge of English or French
  • you don’t have a criminal history
  • you have adequate knowledge of Canada

for assistance in the application process or to find out if you qualify to apply, contact us

Renewals changes or restoration

Are you a

  • Temporary worker?
  • Temporary resident?
  • Student?

In Canada?

Do you need to:

  • Obtain a new LMO?
  • Extend your stay in Canada?
  • Renew your permits?
  • Find a new employer?
  • Restore your status if your status has already expired?
  • Obtain free advice on your options?

Contact us by phone or email immediately. Time can be of great importance to assure you of a successful applications.

To find a new employer you may apply for jobs

Services to Employers

How to hire a foreign worker

Due to the labour shortages existing in Canada employers have an opportunity to hire a foreign worker provided the employer meet certain criteria

  • Prove you cannot find a suitable worker in Canada through genuine recruitment efforts
  • Offer fare wages and undertake to meet all conditions of the foreign worker program
  • Prove that if foreign workers have been hired in the past that all conditions including proper wages were paid to them
  • Apply for a Labour Market Opinion to Service Canada ( Certain job categories maybe exempt from this requirement)

Obtaining a positive LMO can become cumbersome. Let us assist you in all of the paperwork and leave you to concentrate on running your business. We specialize in obtaining positive LMO’s for employers be it an initial application or a re-application of your rejected application. Right now Service Canada can go back up to 2 years on all your previous applications and make sure all conditions have been met. Let us advise you on all of the changes that take places with regards to foreign worker regulations and assist you in keeping a clean record.

Do you wish to find a suitable employee?

  • You have established that you cannot find a suitable worker
  • You have decided to hire a foreign worker
  • But you have no idea how to seek out a suitable worker with your pre-requisites.

Contact us. We have in our database many candidates who wish to apply to Canada under the foreign worker program and who are seeking employers.

How to retain your employees

You have found the perfect employee in a foreign worker and you wish to make a permanent offer and retain him/her for a longer period. What can you do?

  • Sponsor him/her through the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
  • Every Province has a PNP program whereby an employer can make an offer to retain an employee by sponsoring the foreign worker. Regulations defer and vary according to the regulations of each Province and the Skill Level of the employee
  • The employer and employee must both meet criteria
  • It is necessary to obtain a Provincial nomination first before the employee applies to Federal Government
  • Provide an arranged employment (AEO)
    • An employee maybe eligible to apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Class (FSW) and may or may not need an arranged employment from an employer to obtain the necessary marks. However, providing an arranged employment even though it is not necessary can make the process faster and the application much stronger.
    • An arranged employment can be as simple as just a letter offering to employ your foreign worker on an indeterminate basis or it can be as complicated as obtained an Arranged Employment Labour Market Opinion – depending once again on the circumstances
  • Encouraging your employees to apply for residency through the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) Process and providing your employee with all of the necessary documents he/she needs to provide proof of employment for 2 years.

It is necessary to keep renewing the work permits of your employees until Federal Government provides the permanent resident visa. Obtaining positive LMO’s for this purpose maybe necessary.

What do you need to do as an employer in order to make sure you take advantage of the foreign worker program??

  1. Have an HR plan  at least 6 months ahead for your foreign worker requirements, remember that it takes at least 4 months for a foreign worker to arrive maybe more                   
  2. Apply for a few more LMO’s than you require to accommodate for work permit rejections, loss of employees etc
  3. Keep a track record of work permit expirations and apply for renewals at least 3 months before the expiration date.
  4. Meet all of criteria undertaken on the offer made to foreign workers. This will be looked into when you apply for a new LMO.
  5. Have retention plan for your workers by assisting them in the PR process.

How can Ann Arbour assist you the employer?

We can:

  • Advise you on all criteria of the foreign worker program
  • Assist you in all the paperwork to obtain a positive LMO from Service Canada
  • Provide you access to our database of candidates who wish to apply for jobs in Canada
  • Assist your chosen candidates to obtain a valid work permit from their Country of residence
  • Keep a track record of permit renewals for your employees
  • Advise you on how to retain your employees through permit renewals or assisting them in their residency process.
  • Prepare all paperwork for your employees who wish to apply for your permanent residency either through the Provincial Nominee Program or the Federal Program.
  • Be involved in your long term HR requirements and advise you on timelines and update you change in laws.
  • Advice and assist any employees who have lost their status, been involved in any crimes, who wish to renew their temporary visas, or sponsor family.

Are you outside Canada?

Are you inside Canada?

Are you an Employer?

Alberta British Colombia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador
Nova Scotia Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan
North West Territories Yukon